A meeting of the board of directors of Airports of Thailand Plc has agreed to increase the passenger departure charge for domestic and international flights by 100 baht, AoT Chairman Sitha Thivaree said on Thursday.
The departure tax for domestic flights will rise from 100 baht to 200 baht and from 700 baht to 800 baht for international flights, he said.
The increase still needs approval from aviation authorities.
The new fees would apply at all airports operated by the AoT when approved.
Latest stories in this category:
- THAI Smile set for Luang Prabang launch on Sunday
- Airline passenger growth to reach 3.9bn
- THAI brings Smile to Luang Prabang
- Airline's pay-by-weight fares take off
- Kan Air eyes four jets for Koh Phangan
- Beijing's anti-scam law crimping China arrivals
- Merger creates world's biggest airline
- Upstart Malindo Air adds India to fast-growing network