Tourism-related businesses in nine provinces have been affected by floods since Sept 17, with estimated damage of 708 million baht, Tourism and Sports Minister Somsak Phurisisak said on Saturday.
Phitsanulok had the highest amount of damage at 223 million baht, followed by Ayutthaya, Ubon Ratchathani, Suphan Buri, Prachin Buri, Lop Buri, Si Sa Ket, Sing Buri and Chainat, he said.
Mr Somsak said reports about flooding had discouraged tourists from visiting these provinces despite the fact that most destinations and resorts had not been damaged by floodwaters.
The ministry has surveyed the flood-hit provinces to come up with rehabilitation plans and assistance for flood-affected tourism business operators, he added.
Latest stories in this category:
- Chinese travellers 'will return'
- New PK exposition targets Thai tourists
- Travellers told to leave early for airport
- Minister: Rallies hurting tourism
- Operators counting on new stimulus
- France projects 300m Chinese visitors
- Resort holiday boom on back of cooler politics, weather
- Tourist fee angers Koh Chang people