First, businessmen have more trust for investing since mobs stop to disturb because have the election. In addition, the government starts to get rid of gangsters strictly.
Second, people are out for shopping. Admiration of Jatukamramathep causes it stimulates trading of amulet. Beside the travel agency of Thailand support people to travel in a country.
Eventually, the government tries to activate economy by decreasing interest rates and supporting export.
In brief, Thai economy trend will be better since the business have more trust and get money both in and out of the country. What do you think about the trend of economy in Thailand?
1. Global credit crunch has destroyed the appetite for bank lending and risky investing. Most of the Western banking system has seen the effects of this, there is not reason to suspect Thailand won't as well.
2. The condo boom and auto sales in Thailand have happened for the same reason they boomed in the West: Ease of credit. As it becomes less easy, less cars, condos and product will be sold.
3. Taksin was good for the economy, where as the political uncertainty of the coming administration may not be.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:25 pm
Any persons like Thai-expat and foreign investors who knew about these monopolitic and corruptive systems in Thailand, they will hesistate to invest in Thailand with the current political situations. The political crimate now is not suitable to real business and long term investments. The good-old-boys and families who are controlling the shares with big multinational companies will still have their meals, but any real new SME will get ahead without having the "mahanachan" and connections with these good-old-boy networks. How can Thailand gain confidence of Thai-expat and foreign investors back? Simple, Thailand will have to show the world that the real democratic processes exist and that the rules and regulations are modern and fair including open and transparent.
What have been parading around since the 2006 coup de'tat until now...are simply mirage of lies and deceits under the cover of democracy and etc.. The grassroot people are the most to experience the suffering and hardship while the hi-so urbanites and their allies continue to ride the economic waves like their like-minders in Burma, Iran, PRC, and elsewheres.
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:18 am
As to the trend,obviously growth forecast at over 6% is wonderful. Only problem is contagion from the mess in Europe, which is only just beginning. Greece is bankrupt, as are Spain, Portugal, and probably Italy. The US market is plummeting to 11,700. In the SET, everything but defensive issues is getting punched around right now. Doubtless over the next few months, there will be some buying opportunities. Not yet.
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:11 am
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests