A dead man believed to be Vietnamese was stuffed into a garbage bin at a rental apartment on Soi Charan Sanitwong 40, Bang Yi Khan police said yesterday.
The body of a man in his forties whose hands and legs were tied up and who had several stab wounds was found about 1pm yesterday. The head of the corpse was covered with a plastic bin wrapper. Garbage had been placed on top of the body to cover it.
Security guard Banjong Jongkamnok, who found the body, said three Vietnamese, led by a female who is a tenant of the apartment room along with two men, came to borrow a big garbage bin and took it upstairs to the room.
They told the security guard they were going upstairs to pick up garbage. Mr Banjong, suspicious at this stage, followed them to the room and saw blood leaking out from under the door. The female tenant said she was menstruating when she was asked about the blood. The three then ran away from the room.
When they had departed the premises, Mr Banjong opened the door and was confronted with the sight of the dead man.
Police said they had checked the security camera footage.
The motive for the murder was probably a conflict over a night entertainment establishment, police said.
Latest stories in this category:
- 'Patriots' ordered out of Sanam Luang
- Reconciliation bill comes under fire
- Agreement set at Chiang Mai Water Summit
- Minister to press on with school plan
- Opposition demands water management scheme rethink
- NBTC fears loss of freedoms in new media frequencies
- Philippines proposes Manila and Bangkok be named twin cities
- Thailand and Laos to build on economic and social ties