An earthquake with a magnitude of 4.1 on the Richter scale was recorded in Phrao district of Chiang Mai province early Friday morning, the Meteorological Department reported.
The department’s seismic surveillance bureau reported the tremor at about 1.19am today. The epicentre of the earthquake was located 3km underground in the district area.
There were no reports of damage.
Latest stories in this category:
- Prayuth again calls for peace talks
- PT and Dems shun byelections
- Trade boost expected from 4th Thai-Lao bridge
- Govt to compensate protest victims
- Lawyers ask court to end protests, dissolve Democrat Party
- Ambassador: US backs peace talks
- Yingluck cancels three overseas trips
- BMA appointments ruled 'unfair'