A fire broke out on Saturday evening at Rom Klao community in Klong Toey district, damaging about 50 wooden houses. There were no reports of deaths.
Firefighters battle a major blaze in Klong Toey from the Chalerm Maha Nakhon Expressway. (Photo by Pattarapong Chatpattarasill)
Firefighters had to battle the blaze from the Chalerm Maha Nakhon Expressway with around 15 fire trucks with assistance from more than 20 on the ground. It took them more than an hour to successfully contain the fire.
About 200 people were affected by the fire. Klong Toey district has provided temporary shelters and assistance for them.
Pol Col Katechakaj Nilpradab, superintendent of Tha Rua police station, said Sunday morning that police would seek an arrest warrant for a man known only as Nut, as witnesses confirmed that he poured fuel into his house and set it alight after a fierce argument with wife. The couple fled the scene.
A closer look at the fire. (Photo by Pattarapong Chatpattarasill)
Latest stories in this category:
- PDRC: D-Day on Monday
- Thaksin mourns Mandela's passing
- Supachai picked to head EC
- Persistent flooding continues to hammer five southern provinces
- Ministry plans English teaching overhaul
- Police report 19 clashes at rally site
- Demonstrations a health risk for children: expert
- Abhisit warns of violence at protest