Thailand got off to a good start with a 5-0 win against Canada in the team event of the 2013 SCG BWF World Junior Championships yesterday.
Busanan Ongbumrungpan in action against Rachel Honderich.
Led by Busanan Ongbumrungpan, the world's top junior female player, the Thais had few problems against Canada in the mixed team competition at Indoor Stadium, Hua Mark.
Busanan beat Rachel Honderich 21-6, 21-16 in the women's singles, while Sitthikom Thammasin, the world's second-ranked junior male player, defeated Benny Lin 21-8, 21-9 in the men's singles.
Thailand also won in the mixed doubles, men's doubles and women's doubles in Group Y2.
In the other Group Y2 match, Denmark defeated Botswana 5-0.
The top teams of each of the eight groups reach the quarter-finals.
The team tournament ends on Sunday and will be followed by the individual events.
Latest stories in this category:
- Lance Armstrong says sorry to 'victim' Bassons
- Mandela the secret weapon in 1995 Rugby World Cup final
- German pair upset Russian rivals at figure skating GP
- Plenty of intrigue in Cup draw
- Johnson the wrecker as England fight to save Test
- Rain ends New Zealand hopes of Test win
- Moyes demands response from slumping Man United
- Bayern eye 40th match unbeaten milestone